mar, 02 jul|
Expanding Classrooms through Virtual Field Trips - Level 2
Limited funding for field trips? Go Virtual! This micro-course explores web-based technologies to conduct virtual field trips for PK-8 learners.
Time & Location
02 jul 2019, 10:00
About The Event
This micro-course highlights effective STEM technology integration by providing technology-centered instructional practices that fosters global collaborators and digital literacy aligned with the International Society of Technology Education Standards (ISTE) while removing the barriers of travel and its associated expenses.
Upon successful completion, educators will be able to:
- Define Global Collaboration and Place-Based Learning
- Develop a Virtual Field Trip using Nearpod to engage PK-8 learners
- Integrate an assessment in a VFT lesson to assess student learning
- Identify a Virtual Field Trip using Skype to engage PK-8 learners
- Utilize Google Arts & Culture’s free database of museum collections and historical landmarks
- Incorporate Place-Based Learning and Google’s Art & Culture resources into a virtual field trip lesson plan
Virtual Field Trip Toolkit:
- How-to guides for NearPod, 360Cities, Kuula, and RoundMe
- Tutorial videos for Skype
- Virtual Field Trip Self-Assessment Rubric
- Educational articles and links
⏳1 week access
Upon registration, you will receive log-in credentials to Expanding Classrooms through Virtual Field Trips - Level 2 with the email you provide at the time of registration.